Over the last week there has been a bit of disruption on the Folksy site, resulting on some sellers leaving totally, and others placing their shops in holiday mode.
Folksy have not changed their criteria but have decided to tighten up on 'unacceptable' items. which has meant that some sellers who have been on Folksy since the beginning, are now deemed as unsuitable and are being asked to either change their style or leave.
These sellers have spent many hours promoting, finding out what their customers want, and promoting their own shops and in turn Folksy.
Now while I dont disagree that Folksy should follow their 'vision' and tighten up, I do disagree with the way that it has been handled by Folksy, and that it should have been done sooner. Its almost as if Folksy wanted as many sellers as possible regardless of what they sell, to build the site, and now they are at a point where they can dismiss these sellers as they dont fit the long term 'Vision'
I have been deemed acceptable by Folksy but have placed my shop in holiday mode while I decide what to do, these are my reasons
1. Folksy have been talking about tightening up since they were in Beta (a year ago?). During the conversations that took place then, Folksy were asked to do this sooner rather than later, so people didnt continue to promote and spend money on their businesses if they werent suitable.
2. Because no1 was not enforced people have continued to spend money, and promote their business. Working hard to find the items that customers want, and building up a customer base over the last year. Only now to be told that they do not fit the criteria and therefore are not welcome unless they change there style. Therefore they have to start from scratch rebuilding a customer base.
3. Im not sure that any of us are fully aware of what this ‘vision’ is that Folksy has. It appears that the goalposts are continually moving. Some peoples items are classed as suitable, while others that are very similar are not.
4. I have concerns regarding that direction that Folksy is taking, and would like reassurance that this situation is not going to happen again in the future. That Folksy are not going to ‘tighten up’ further in a years time, excluding a lot of sellers that they are currently saying are suitable.
5. I think the whole situation has been handled appallingly, the sellers represent the ‘Folksy Brand’ and are asked to behave appropriately on their forums, and when discussing Folksy. Yet this respect has not been returned to the sellers. On Twitter, Folksy have not represented themselves well, and have been quite dismissive of the upset, and distress that they have caused to us their customers.
6. Folksy fees are higher than other similar sites, and are being increased come November. My sales figures on Folksy are very similar to Misi, but all of my promotion has been for Folksy, so is it really working. I have had an empty Etsy shop for the last year, which I have begun to stock. Maybe now is the time to go international and compete with the big guns in the Button Bouquet world.
Please excuse if I dont respond to comments, Im having problems with this and have emailed blogger to find out why.