Thursday 15 April 2010

Folksy Friday, Lillies.

Folksy Friday this week is all about lillies, in my opinion, the most beautiful flower in the world. I adore lillies, particularly white ones, if anyones thinking of sending me any.:)

Now I typed the word lily into folksy and chose from the 17 pages displayed.
We have two offerings of stained glass. The first, is Sunburst Lily Stained Glass Panel from the amazingly talented amyorangejuice.

Ive featured her stained glass bunting in a previous Folksy Friday.












The next is a gorgeous White Lily in a Frame Sun Catcher, by Joys of Glass















Now onto jewellery. I love both of the next items. This handmade Sterling Silver Lily Ring by Bbel is beautiful, the petals were individually shaped by hand.















And this gorgeous hammered Water Lily pendant, by Quercus Silver would look great














Moving on to paintings. These are absolutely wonderful and I dont honestly think that I could pick a favorite from them. Im just going to list them, because I know absolutely nothing about art, so I cant discuss them intellectually, I'd just end up looking really stupid. But I know what I like and I like these.:)


Consider the Lillies of the Field by catsalter artist.
















Lily Painting, by Little Shop of Monsters




















Pink Lillies by Sia Art










Im currently working on a crochet wire lily wedding bouquet, and hoping to blog about that with pictures of the finished bouquet (including pictures of the mistakes)over the weekend.

Poppy Sparkles had a great idea of a Wedding Wednesday, which Im hoping to join in with, so if you have any themes that you'd like me to cover, let me know.




14 comments:

  1. Lillies are beautiful, and it shows in all you picks, great choices, I'm really stuck trying to pick a fav :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lilies are one of my favourite flowers too - the massive white ones that you can smell as soon as you walk into a room. All your choices are super - Little Monsters painting is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a beautiful selection, thank you for putting my flower with so many talented artists, can't pick a fav as I would be happy to own any of them! Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lillies look really good together, my favourites are the two jewellery pieces, very delicate and beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am a lily fan although Mr Kapow is seriously allergic to them so I can never have them! Boo!

    The necklaces would make a good alternative I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah i love that ring! It's goergeous! Great choices! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this jewellery made by Bbel-very talented! All the other picks are gorgeous too, very nice! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Amyorangejuice's stained glass, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that ring, but alas with a 4month baby isnt very practical right now. Sigh

    ReplyDelete
  10. My name means lily and I have always liked the flowers - they were at the centre of our wedding flowers, years and years and... ago!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love lilies too, have some in my garden, I love all your picks, but that gorgeous sunburst lily is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lovely choices - the ring and teh stained glass panel are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lilies are one of my favs too, a lovely selection.

    ReplyDelete